We are currently seeking an experienced Real World Data (RWD) Programmer, mainly using PySpark/SQL. This position is responsible for the execution of all observational database analytics and evidence synthesis with minimal supervision.
Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. has an immediate opening for a 100% work-from-home Real-World Data (RWD) Programmer to assist with research using Electronic Health Records (EHR), Claims-based, and other healthcare-related data (e.g., Cerner RWD, Optum RWD, Premier Healthcare database, IBM MarketScan Research Database, Allscripts Veradigm). Applicants must have previous industry experience analyzing data from gigabyte-to-terabyte databases in PySpark/SQL.
- Execute Real-World Evidence (RWE) studies/analyses by PySpark/SQL based on EHR database, claim database, registry data, and public databases.
- Create organized and easy-to-understand programming codes which can be reusable/applicable to other ongoing/future BSP projects
- Generate high quality, readily interpretable deliverables (e.g., data tables, graphs, charts, study reports) based upon protocol or table shells.
- Effectively document and communicate requirements, timelines and progress of deliverables.
- Conduct programming code reviews.
- Contribute to the development of standardized programming and processes.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, ideas and information relating to programming and observational databases.
- Minimum MS in statistics, biostatistics, data science, applied mathematics, computer science or similar.
- At least 2 years’ hands-on programming experience in longitudinal and administrative databases (EHR, claims, and registry data) studies.
- Professional programming skills with PySpark/SQL within a Jupyter notebook (SAS/Python programming experience is a plus).
- Basic statistical concepts and techniques, such as hypothesis testing, regression analysis, etc.
- Good organizational skills, interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment.
- Motivated, inquisitive and able to readily take ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with version control such as sourcetree/bitbucket/git preferred.
- Experience with AWS EC2 with S3 preferred.
- Experience in analysis using ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, LOINC, HCUP CCS, SNOMED-CT and other classes is a plus.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please email your resume, cover letter and code sample(s) to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please provide a brief example of your past experience analyzing complex datasets. Please provide code sample(s) from a previous industry project and be prepared to present the methodology and the insights of that analysis. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. The successful candidate will be required to sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of the work contract.
Founded in 2003, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. is an exclusively healthcare-focused consulting firm with a team of experienced clinical/medical, business, and programming professionals. We take a hands-on approach to maintain quality and value to our clients. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized organizations to start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, to government agencies. We serve all life science sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and bioinformatics in five practice areas: Business & Clinical Strategy, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Medical & Technical Communications, Regulatory Strategy and Financial Advisory.