The primary purpose of this position is to support the development of high-quality medical communications. The individual will synthesize key findings, distill them into concise messages, and produce polished deliverables, in collaboration with clients, other consultants and specialists. Types of medical communication/writing include but are not limited to: white papers, abstracts, posters, manuals, patient brochures, slide decks, journal publications, case studies, and literature reviews.
- Develop a command of the intellectual material and key analytic concepts
- Performing literature reviews and related background research as needed to aid in medical communications development
- Ability to conduct secondary research and write manuscripts in fields where the specialist is not an expert, or is unfamiliar
- Writing and developing high-quality scientific/medical communications by identifying ways to best represent data and results
- Understanding and interpreting statistical results of studies to summarize them in a clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner
- Identifying a client’s goals and incorporating these in deliverables
- Editing work for consistency, clarity, grammar, and syntax
- Enacting a thorough quality-assurance (ensuring quality of the deliverable) and quality-control (ensuring deliverable is accurate and meets client expectations) process on all deliverables
- Translating complex scientific concepts and data in the final deliverable into the appropriate language for specific target audiences
- Communicating professionally with clients to best understand their content requirements including: asking the appropriate questions, being proactive in requesting clarification of any unclear directions or requests, responding to a client’s inquiries about content, reviewing and discussing papers, and consistently incorporating client feedback
- Managing publication projects: developing accurate timelines for publications, facilitating lead author team meetings, identifying potential target journals, adhering to journal guidelines and timelines, and managing project budgets
- Ensuring the timely delivery of content, within the specified parameters
- Maintaining strong attention to detail
- Referencing the content according to any specified client standards
- Providing support for other medical communications and consulting projects as needed
We encourage applicants with demonstrable experience in relationship building, collaboration, critical listening, persuasive communication, hypothesis generation, work streamlining, timeline planning, project budgeting, data collection and analysis, the ability to draw conclusions, and make insightful recommendations for clients. Our team-based approach requires professionals to manage high intensity, short-term engagements and deliver highly-refined work outputs. Leadership capabilities are essential, as specialists must be able to guide team agendas and organize the efforts of colleagues and clients. The ability to mentor team members and spur professional growth is important. This is a high-demand, full-time, full-benefits (401K and Healthcare) position. Compensation is directly tied to performance, monthly reviews, and experience.
Minimum of at least one graduate qualification (PhD, MD, MS, MA, MPh, MEng, etc.) or 5+ years of experience in healthcare or allied fields. Prior consulting, project management, and remote office experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in scientific and/or medical writing and/or publishing (required)
- Demonstrated expertise managing projects with shifting deadlines and involvement with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and command complex, multidisciplinary material
- Demonstrated ability to write scientific and technical content in a clear, cogent, and concise manner
- Ability to quickly understand and synthesize relevant materials for scientific audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment in collaboration with a range of individuals, including senior management
- Strong written and oral communication skills with direct experience presenting to scientific audiences
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability manage internal and external client relationships, aligning expectations with timelines and deliverables
- Additional relevant scientific and/or medical writing experience beyond graduate publications are a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite such as Adobe Illustrator or InDesign and reference managers such as EndNote is a plus
- Be reliable, on-time, courteous, trustworthy, and professional in manner and appearance
- Candidate must possess background experience or demonstrate an ability to work well in a non-co-located environment (i.e. you will primarily be working from home with team members located in different cities) and travel as necessary to client sites (<10% of the time)
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, including good grammar
- Have access to both telecom/voice and internet/data connectivity and have Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Respond to emails and calls within 3 hours during the standard working day
- Candidate shall be available to stagger work hours and on occasion work on evenings and weekends
- Must sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of this position
How to Apply
To apply for this job please email your resume and your cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of the work contract.