Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. has an immediate opening for a 40+ hour/week, work-from-home Data Scientist to assist with research using Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other healthcare-related data. Applicants must have previous industry experience analyzing data from gigabyte-to-terabyte databases in Python, PySpark, SQL, or SAS.
- Answer questions and make recommendations to medical and tech teams
- Follow bug tracking system and code repository protocols; advise on QC process improvements
- Design analysis plans and study protocols; advise on methods to reduce bias
- Locate and implement best practices from clinical guidelines and past published research
- Document code and write methods sections for plans and publications
- Modify existing pyspark/sql code in Jupyter Notebook environment to meet new project specs
- Document specifications and changelog
- QC code from other coders (code review)
- Generate intermediate verification tabulations and reports for medical teams
- Document errors/crashes and escalate to programmer/sysops
- Identify areas for process improvements
- Prepare data for machine learning analysis and run analyses, if required
- Investigate, test, and implement optimization techniques
- 2+ years of industry experience using Python, Spark, SQL required
- Version control such as Sourcetree/bitbucket/git required
- Experience with AWS EC2 with S3 and hadoop preferred
- Graduate level data science, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering with programming experience required
- Priority to those with healthcare data experience
- Experience in analysis using ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, LOINC, HCUP CCS, SNOMED-CT and other classes
- Able to work either independently or within a small team utilizing teleconference or virtual enabling technologies. This is a remote/telecommute “work-from-home” position
- Business-level written and verbal presentation skills in English — other languages at the business level a plus!
- Ability to travel to client sites (<1% of time)
- SAS 9.4 preferred; scikit, xgboost, R optional
About Boston Strategic Partners, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. is an exclusively healthcare-focused consulting firm with a team of experienced clinical/medical, business, and programming professionals. We take a hands-on approach to maintain quality and value to our clients. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized organizations to start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, to government agencies. We serve all life science sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and bioinformatics in five practice areas: Business & Clinical Strategy, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Medical & Technical Communications, Regulatory Strategy and Financial Advisory.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please email your resume, cover letter and code sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please provide a brief example of your past experience analyzing complex datasets. Please provide code sample(s) from a previous industry project and be prepared to present the methodology and the insights of that analysis. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of the work contract.