Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. has an opening for a 40+ hour/week SAS Data Scientist to assist with research using Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other data. Applicants must have previous experience analyzing data from gigabyte-to-terabyte databases using SAS.
- Provide client-relevant insights based on data findings
- Ad hoc queries
- Follow bug tracking system and code repository protocols; advise on QC process improvements
- Design analysis plans and study protocols; advise on methods to reduce bias
- Locate and implement best practices from clinical guidelines and past published research
- Create, edit, and QC SAS macros and Hash objects/iterators
- Document code and write methods
- 3 or more most recent years of SAS programming experience in healthcare
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, biostatistics, economics, math, epidemiology, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in analysis using ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, LOINC, HCUP CCS, SNOMED-CT and other classes
- Able to work either independently or within a small team utilizing teleconference or virtual enabling technologies. This is a remote/telecommute “work-from-home” position; East Coast candidates preferred.
- Business-level written and verbal presentation skills in English — other languages at the business level a plus!
- Ability to travel to client sites (<5% of time)
- (Optional) SAS code QC or QC engineering work in a production environment. NOTE: We are also hiring a dedicated code QC person, please refer to our website for details.
About Boston Strategic Partners, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. is a thriving healthcare consulting firm with a team of experienced professionals comprised of PhDs, MDs, and MBAs. We are fluent in the language of science, the language of patient care, and the language of business. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized organizations to start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, to government agencies. We serve all life science sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and bioinformatics in in in five practice areas: Business & Clinical Strategy, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Medical & Technical Communications, Regulatory Strategy and Financial Advisory.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please email your resume, cover letter and SAS code sample to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please provide a brief example of your past experience analyzing complex data sets. Please provide a SAS code sample from a previous project and be prepared to present the methodology and the insights of that analysis. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of the work contract.