The Senior / SAS Data Scientist at Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. will help provide statistical programming support for Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other healthcare-related data. The ideal candidate will be excited about working with data and will have previous experience analyzing terabyte databases using SAS.
- Perform all SAS programming and reporting on large scale projects of high complexity
- Produce statistical analyses, including generating/validating analysis datasets, tables, and figures
- Lead design/development of SAS macros and other utilities (e.g. hash objects/iterators) to expedite SAS programming activities
- Develop statistical analysis plans (SAP) and study protocols, independently and in collaboration with a biostatistician
- Create specifications for programmers and delegate coding tasks
- Create reports and verify data from un-clean sources with medical teams
- Ensure proper code documentation and execute quality control process improvements
- Establish research reproducibility and transparency by following documentation and version control protocols (e.g. bug tracking systems, code repository usage)
- Perform secondary research and implement best practices from clinical guidelines and past publications
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Identify study priorities and communicate effectively with project team and management; advise on next steps and downstream recommendations
- Present analysis and insights to senior-level executives
- Provide support for ad hoc feasibility studies
- Deliver on or ahead of schedule, within budgeted hours
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, biostatistics, math, epidemiology, or other quantitative discipline
- 3 or more most recent years of SAS programming experience in healthcare
- Advanced proficiency in SAS/Base, SAS/Stat, SAS Macros and SAS/Graph
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Priority to those with industry expertise
- Expertise in manipulating and analyzing SAS data, especially medical data
- Ability to identify data issues, describe problems, and implement solutions quickly
- Solid background in statistical analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Capability to communicate technical concepts plainly, succinctly, and understandably to non-technical colleagues
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in analysis using ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, LOINC, HCUP CCS, SNOMED-CT and other classes
- This is a remote “work-from-home” position: Able to work either independently or within a small team and to communicate effectively utilizing teleconference or virtual enabling technologies. East Coast candidates preferred.
- Business-level written and verbal presentation skills in English — other languages at a business level a plus!
- Ability to travel to client sites and conferences (<5% of time)
- (Desirable) Knowledge of machine learning and R/Python programming
About Boston Strategic Partners, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc. is a thriving healthcare consulting firm with a team of experienced professionals comprised of PhDs, MDs, and MBAs. We are fluent in the language of science, the language of patient care, and the language of business. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized organizations to start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, to government agencies. We serve all life science sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and bioinformatics in in in five practice areas: Business & Clinical Strategy, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Medical & Technical Communications, Regulatory Strategy and Financial Advisory.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please email your resume, cover letter and SAS code sample to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please provide a brief example of your past experience analyzing complex data sets. Please provide a SAS code sample from a previous project and be prepared to present the methodology and the insights of that analysis. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements as part of the work contract.