Medical Communications Consultant
Francie is a Medical Communications Consultant with BSP. Francie obtained her BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and her PhD in Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy from the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- During her doctoral work, Francie studied how a particular skin cell (called keratinocyte) can communicate with sensory neurons in order to transmit touch and pain sensation
- As a postdoctoral fellow at the Medical College of Wisconsin, she investigated how lipids might be involved in various inflammatory pain conditions and migraine
- Francie first authored five publications and co-authored another five manuscripts in peer reviewed journals
- Francie worked as a freelance science writer for the Pain Research Forum where she wrote articles on conference coverages, news articles and recorded various podcasts
- She also worked as a consultant for Catalyst BioConsulting and became manager of 15 graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who help startup companies with actionable business recommendations on a pro bono basis
In her spare time, Francie enjoys playing team handball, hiking and traveling.